Thursday, March 12, 2009

16th & 17th December 2008 House Hunting

16th December
My dad came one day after my birthday on an Air Asia flight. The first thing on our list to do was to select the apartment that my sister and I would be staying in for this year.

So after a good night's rest, we made our way through the short-listed list of apartments that we could potentially rent. We went to the agency that handled some houses and from there, see what else was available.

We were allowed to inspect the house ourselves but we were required to place a deposit of aus50 and given 30 minutes.

The first apartment was the cheapest in the list. It was in the middle of the city, quiet spot. The first thing that I noticed coming out of the elevator was the distinct Indian spice smell on the floor itself.

The apartment was for a small family. The wooden doors and panels had paint peeling off and rotting (ok maybe not THAT bad). The toilet can only be accessed if you close the bedroom door... you would virtually be smacked in the face coming out of the toilet if someone opens the bedroom door.

All that could be tolerated EXCEPT for the clear absence of data ports for internet. NOOOOOOOOOO~! Don't leave me without internet...

So we hopped to the 2nd apartment.
Compared to the first place, I really felt at ease with this place.

It's really a student apartment (basic necessities).

I really was liking this place but dad pointed out that the only window in the apartment is facing another building... he didn't really approved of it.

But in other terms, it really was the ideal place...

We went to see the Unilodge in the city too. There were a few unilodge in the city itself. This one was the swanston one.

It isn't too bad but it only has 1 single bed. The other places either had a double bed (the 1st place) or two separate bedrooms (the 2nd place)

The place wasn't half bad really.

The only problem was that a LOT of people were on the waiting list. The waiting list was long... 50 other people want to stay in unilodge too. Regardless, I submitted an application in (which come to think of it, they never returned to me about it)

Anyway, one full day of house hunting was tiresome. We visited my sister's college.

There's a long directory... well at least she'll know where to go. ("but the signs aren't updated with the renovations" my sister says)

This is just a random photo of me and the Victoria Hotel (i think). I like the architecture design of the building.

17th December.
We went to the next agency. There was an apartment that was beautiful but it was too far away plus unfurnished and it was 5 floors up that didn't have an elevator. The stairway was narrow. We took a very long time figuring out where the apartment was... it was that bad.

Mum was flying in on this day. Dad went to inspect another place while I went to go pick up mum from Southern Cross. My parents stayed in the Unilodge apartment I had been staying in since the beginning of 2008. The house hunt was still on...

(to be continued)
Cheers~!

No comments: