Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happenings

I had not updated my blog for about the past 2 to 3 weeks. So the following it actually what happened in those few days... Thus the super long post. If some part of this post (somewhere later) offends anyone, too bad really. I'm posting it from my POV and it's because you're you. Live with it~!

5th May
Celebrating my poh poh's (grandma) and my jie jie's (elder sister) birthdays together.

Poh Poh and Jie Jie

Mum & Dad

"Happy Birthday to Poh Poh~!"

"Cheers~!"


The Birthday cake~! Tiramisu. Look, they even spelt "Tiramisu" in big words that is even bigger than the birthday wishes...

A candle for poh poh and another for jie jie.

Cutting the cake~!

Birthday wishes.


Cake~! Yum~!

9th to 11th May - Friday
In this few days, we (MM class) had stayed back in MM Lab 1 to do our graduation batch's motiong graphic and website. I did the words for my batch. I enjoyed doing it very much.. but it was tough juggling copy-writing and secreterial work. Being the secretary is not fun. (On a later note; I actually talked to my senior's batch secretary. Apparently she told me that she didn't do much at all... Why was it different in my case?)

Our cute little, Vivi-kun (aka Kinoko-chan)


My good buddy, Chris~!

Pretty girls, Nicole and Noriko-sama~!


12th May - Saturday
It was planned quite a while ago that for all our hard work, we would have a BBQ. Or at least something like that... Graciously, we had jonz as our host~! [clap hands]

I had only my film camera with me, so the flash is really freaking bright~! Sorry guys...

Michael enjoying a good meal after his work in Leo Burnett.

One of the aliens at the BBQ...

Group shot~! Erinn, Ai Lee, Noriko & Michael

Lookit~! Fire~! Which reminds me, JONZ, I still owe you RM8 for the BBQ. How do I pass you the money~?! Hahah, I wonder if he would read this...


13th May - Sunday
This day I went for my 2nd MPO concert. It was nice if it weren't for the fact that

a. I was sleepy


b. There was someone behind me which some breathing noises. At first, we thought that the person behind was snoring (It sounded like that, honest) but later we found out that it's was like normal breathing sound... My MPO companions - my younger sis and Puiyeel

I like this shot a lot~! Puiyeel, don't kill me~! Haahaha~!

Later at night, our family went out for dinner to celebrate mum's day~! We went to a Szechuan Steamboat dinner... Luckily we order kurang pedas version... My parents will be flying off to New York and eating such a meal before that flight... Frankly, I don't know why they decided to eat here. Two nights in a row, good dinners~!

14th May - Monday

Woke up at 5am. My parents has 8.30am flight and needed to be at KLIA by 6.30am. My dad drove the avanza there since there were quite a bit of luggage (it's going to be cold there) and he drives faster than me... After sending my parents off, I took over the wheel with my elder sis beside me since this would be my third time driving back and my sis was sleepy... Other than seeing the sun rise, I was caught in a bad jam while in Sungai besi from seri kembangan to my turn off at desa waterpark. My sis was nicely sleeping beside me so I really just had the radio for company...

When I reached home it was already close to 9am.. 3 hours plus on the road. [sigh] Then I had to go to college.

What a day... It was this day that I found out that neither Kenny nor Su Anne had sent the invitation kit to Tatsun or Veronica. They were in charge of it. Heck, I even initially drafted the stupid letters that needed to be included in their invitation kits like 4 WEEKS ago~!? I could have sent the invitation kits myself to these two people, if it weren't for the fact, the letter would have been printed on plain A4 papers.

What a laugh... in the end, my initial fear came true. They wanted me to send it and they didn't care about the plain A4 paper thingy. No choice lor. Had to rush something that was not suppose to be in my department. I gave them 4 weeks, they were busy sending invites to other when the most VIP they didn't invite... right...

Sometime in the afternoon, Ken comes up to me saying that someone wants to see him and it was regarding some error in procedures. Since I was more or less in charge of procedures, I had to tag along with him to see Ms Wong. All the while, rushing to send the invites...

Frankly speaking, I didn't know about a Ms Wong in college but when I saw her, she seemed to play an important role in this whole graduation exhibition thingy...

1. If she was so important, why is it now that she's sounding up instead any other week of the past 6 weeks?

2. If she was so busy, why was it not Hooi Chiat who told us to go see her? I mean seriously, who was I suppose to go see about these things? Our senior whom I had no contact with?

3. If it was the seniors we had to see, which some of my committee members did, why did they not part with such knowledge when they asked?

4. Although I was nominated the secretary, believe it or not, getting the position does not instantly install some secretary software in me... I wish, man.

Anyway, remember how I was rushing to send the invites. I did it in the end, only to find out from this meeting that Tatsun and Veronica would be outstation on the 18th. Absolutely brilliant... When some of the committee found out, they practically jumped in glee. Yea... I would too if it wasn't for the fact I rushed for nothing...

15th May - Tuesday


Went to college to get the auditorium booking signed~! I had to put it off since I was helping CJ collect the artworks CD and all.. Also we had a morning meeting... Then while I was there, we found out that we actually haven't book the gallery. Frankly speaking, I thought the exhibition team would handle all the things related to the exhibition including the gallery booking... Assuming is a bad thing lor....

They all must have assumed that I would book for them... Not that I don't mind but I don't know all the procedures in college one lor. Sorry sorry, I'm such a lousy secretary who can't even ask my assistants for help (one I always deem as busy, since she's working.. the other always seem to be out of reach /disappear)

I found out that when it comes to booking, it depends what things you want to book because there are three different departments to look for (Gallery - they have an office in the gallery, IT department - for projectors, computers, speakers, PC-related assistance, Operations - microphones, room bookings (excluding gallery), tables, video equipments,etc

At least, the gallery setup is 90% done.

16th May - Wednesday
Was suppose to go to school to help out with the discussion about an IL exhibition but my room was a teribble mess (a sign that I had definitely too busy to clean up). So i didn't go (hehe, sorry Sarah and Mel) and cleaned the room a little (at least to make it bareable and liveable). A well deserved break.... until Sarah asked me to email everyone about a last-minute rehearsal. After I sent the emails, some of the committee members that never called me before, started calling... most of them called to confirm about the rehearsal...


17th May - Thursday

Oddly enough I had a rather rude awakening. I was nicely sleeping and on the verge of getting up when my hand touched my cheek.. only to find that there was blood on it...


Normal reaction: "WTH.. blood?" Thus, I jolted up to find that I was having a nosebleed. (oh no, i was not dreaming about some leng chai in my dream). It was not those small trickle nosebleed type, it was practically gushing~! The tissues I used was drenched in blood and it took a very very long time for the bleeding to stop... Later I found out that it was a sign of bad tidings soon to come.

Rehearsal...

So ya, rehearsal started at about 6pm... About all my initial bookings for auditorium has been shifted to be done in class A1 and A2 by Hooi Chiat. Luckily, the operations and IT department people were gracious about this change... that or Hooi Chiat does this so often that they were practically expecting it... Thanks a lot to these two departments, Ms Wong, Casey, CJ.

But on another matter; of all the times that Mr Tatsun decides to carry out his promise for an extension, why does it have to fall on our batch's graduation week....

1. The construction kept me worried about if the auditorium could be used or not, which in the end, we used A1 and A2 anyway

2. We don't get to use the new facilities... or not... I'll be going back there to see see. I wonder what allumni priviledges are.

Back to the rehearsal thingy... I'm no stranger to rehearsals really but that was for my ELDS performance night and my responsiblities were almost always back-stage and clean up. This rehearsal took the cake.

It was this night that we finally showed our hard-worked motion~! Let's just say, I was extremely relieved that I wasn't the only MM student there that night (unlike the previous meetings this past 2 weeks). If I was, I'd be a sitting duck, which I was at some point. There are only a handful of MM students and even that handful, only half was really there to do the work.

With that half a handful, we were again divided into two (one to do motion, the other to do the website). There were many parties that were ungrateful that we threw in much of our time and effort (even though it was rather last minute). I hope in future to find it ridiculous that I'm playing scales now as to who did how much work but I view it as really unfair.

After seeing the motion, we were asked "what about the progress clip?". The bunch of us there were rather stunned about that question. Initially I didn't know what to say, but I knew if I kept quiet, all the blame would be pushed onto the little few MM comrades and I that stood there that night. To those who were there, you would say I was aggresively defending myself.. That was because she was attacking.. though not personally, but if you were there, in that room, under that much pressure willing you to give...

Then I heard "Albert was suppose to do it..." God~! When I heard those words, it was like a death sentence. Why did I not know about this? Had I knew, I would have told them that they were insane to trust him~! Time and time again, although he did so well on solo works, he didn't care at all about group work (and this happen to be a group work for a BIG group, our batch).

So instead of the nice 5 days that he could have done, we had to whip up something in just 16 hours~! Once again, I forced to eat this dead horse. But let me tell you, I don't plan to eat it all by myself. Seriously I wonder what would have happened if I decided not to care at all about this issue... The answer: "MM would look bad" was what Joanne Wong warned threateningly. WTH~!

I was very very very angry that night. Again, I'm doing more than I need to. It isn't enough that I contribute as a secretary, a copy-writer and now this? It's not like I didn't do those two jobs terribly or anything. I could if I didn't care. Like so many I know...

Anyway, lucky I had Sarah to accompany me that night. I love you so much Sarah for being there with me. In the car and over dinner, I sweared and cursed. That would have been a spectular sight for most since I never utter a bad word in front of anyone in my whole life. Can you imagine words like f*ck, f*ck her, b*tch, etc from my mouth? Hahaha~! Ask Sarah~!

That night, we worked at Rony's house... I even brought 2 computers so that no one had any excuses about not having computers... Why do I bother? The situation that night was like this; Rony didn't do anything but play DOTA. Tokku only came to play the PS2. Albert came up with the solution using my laptop... Thank you Chris for being there that night. Although he also didn't do anything, but if I was in the room with only Albert and Rony, I'd freak~! They are like strangers to me and I had to sleep in the same room as them. Though it was infuriating that the boys didn't take this work seriously...

The next post shall be about the launching night... I haven't send my photos for wash yet... Stay tuned.

No comments: