Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring Clean

I woke up during lunch time today, hoping to spend the day lazing behind the computer. I had decided to shower to be more awake when suddenly the power turns off... Someone turned the power back on but it tripped again a few moments later. (Being in the bathroom, it was as if someone was playing a prank on you, turning the water hot and cold...)

So with the option of the computer not available, there wasn't really much I could do. Eating lunch was a rather quiet affair, since all electronic appliances were "sleeping".

With my mummy walking around, trying to find something to do.. I thought it was high time that we cleaned out the store area upstairs. There were many many things stuffed away here, technically waiting to be looked over and thrown out.

The stacks of old magazines were as high as my waist. Then there were the countless out-of-date text books and reference material for primary and secondary... Each of us (my sisters and I) had a different set of text books. This being the government somehow always decided to change the syllabus too often...

So can you imagine the pile 3 sets of study material can come up to? If I stack the books on one another, the pile could easily be as tall as me... I'm about 170cm.. The newspaper man would probably have a field day coming to my house... Going to recycle them all since no one would want out-of-syllabus books.

I am, however, going to keep about one of every subject in the now cleared space (in case I need it as reference). The space is now nicely organized. Yay~! Now if only I can keep my room that way... Cleaning my room had always been a three days affair. Too many interests, thus too many stuff.. Hahaha~!

Other than books, I found some pretty nostalgic stuff which I decided to photograph since I'm throwing them out.

Here's the first modem my household have ever used~!

It has a fun "flippy" switch... I believe this dude was struck by lightning..

Then we upgraded to this fellow, the "Aztech" 56k modem. I remembered the first time my house had internet, my sister was the first to use it... The horror story was at that time, to load one single yahoo homepage, my sis had to wait about a whole day.

How technology have come leaps and bounds from yesteryears... I don't think you'd fancy waiting that long...

I really don't know if this is a hard drive or a motherboard... my guess is that it's a hard drive. All the items above... I don't know if they're functional but since they're going to the dump, no matter. Hahah~! I'm going to slowly work through my room... Until next time, cheers~!

No comments: