Thursday, June 21, 2007

Up at Genting Highlands

Just came back from the tippy top of the hill. It was a nice change of fair weather. Mum got herself a free room to stay so why waste. I went up to just sit around in the breeze. It's nice to go for a dip in the pool seeing that it was low season when I was up there. Was there for only a night.

Anyway, I never really fancied going up there. I've been to Genting ever since the very beginning of Genting when it was just a flower garden. It was much cooler then. The family photos would say as much.

Trailing up the hills then was not as easy as it is now. The long winding roads were no fun for a child who was often carsick (that would be me). Genting seemed to be a sanctuary for my parents, even now with all the hustle and bustle.

Peak seasons are no joke up there. I was there just last Christmas. It is times like those that you best settle into the hotel and play uno and snap the night through. But if you insist on "joining the crowd", prepare to be squished like a bug and always hold on tight to your belongings.

Genting Highlands... nothing spectacular could happen up there, unless something unfortunate or supernatural happenings to report. In a place this high, things of this sort are no strangers to some of the staff members here... But since I have neither encounters (and continue to pray that I don't) I shall end my post entry here. Cheers~!

No comments: