Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10th February 2009 Chap Goh Mei

Finally at the end of Chinese New Year... [lol] I look forward to Chap Goh Mei since it's the day that I opened the angpows. Well, that and we go up to the temple.
We parked down near Midvalley and walk up to Tien Hou Gong (I think that's the name..) Ooo.. there was a lion dance in front of this restaurant.
But yea, there are light displays up there every year. This is the entrance lights.
The temple itself is stringed with lights. XD
I'm not sure if it's all light up during the whole Chinese New Year but I do know it's nice and lit up during Chap Goh Mei.
There were lots of people celebrating the last day of Chinese New Year too.
There was a stage set up and shows performing....
Singing in costumes... Can't understand what they're singing since my Chinese level isn't high enough. [snicker]
Singing and dancing... Ermmm... Dad took this with the tele-lens. From where we stood, they looked like specks.
There was this set up too.
We were standing just watching it rotate...
The ox up on the top reminds us that it's the year of the Ox.
It took us a very long time (and many shots) to get this one. Hahahaha~!
The zodiac 12 family members displayed like paper lanterns.
I wonder why they chose to pose the Ox like that.... [shrugs]
The dragon looked like the emperor amongst the others.
Silly doggie and welcoming piggie.
Happy Bunny.
Some characteristics of the Ox.... it's alright if you can't really read the smaller ones. all you need to note is "please do not touch" [snicker]
Me and the Ox. You can see the rabbit in the background since the tiger is on the other side of the pathway.
Dragons... Colourful dragon on colourful clouds.
Inside the temple, there was an event going on...
My guess is a quiz of sorts. Can't read it... So we just move on to the top floor.
All you see is red~! The same every year really...
Don't think they take it down... though my guess would be that they would need to replace whatever that is fused and stuff... Anyway, we normally go up to the top floor to kau cim (just in case you ask what it is, wikipedia has the answer > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kau_cim)

Relatively good for me. So it's cool...
This year what we different would be that some people had set up their telescopes out in front.
It's not your cheap kind of telescopes but rather these big boys~! I think some people were looking up to the moon to see if they can spot any "lucky" numbers to buy. [lol]
The moon was really bright that night... oops this photo was taken with my camera flash... [resets camera]
It really was about THIS bright that night. XD
[happy smile] I like looking at the Kirin. Must say that I really learnt to appreciate them from reading a manga, Petshop of Horrors (sounds grim I know but yea...)
On the lowest floor are things that you can buy... like these ermmm... windmill kind things. Suppose to change your luck (of course you buy them to change the bad luck to good). Come to think of it, I have one that I stuck on the wall... might need to take it out from the room at least (wouldn't want to change my good luck to bad now, would we?)

Until there for now. Cheers~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Comeee, next Chap Goh Mei we go up there kayy? lolx. It's been AGES since I've been there :P 10+ years? [shrugs] I remember I was tiny... lolx

I think I need that windwill thingy... for good luck :P

ladywinters said...

sure i guess. my parents won't mind. the more the merrier i guess. though we're normally up there to ermmm "absorb" the atmosphere. XD or something like that. XD