Friday, March 09, 2007

Chap Goh Mei Special

Ah. I almost forgot that on Chap Goh Mei night my family and I went up to Tien Hou Kong.

It was really bright and colourful there. Look the zodiac in lights.

There were even performers on stilts.

They really put a lot of effort in attracting people here.

There was even a traffic jam when we were coming here.

Being Malaysia, there were other religions on lights display as well.

Wow, wau~!

There was quite a crowd here. It was loud too.

That's because they had a stage with performance on. Err... since they were speaking in Mandarin, I couldn't really understand what was going on.

Nonetheless, my reason for coming here was for the temple.

My younger sister approximated that there were 1225 lights in this section.

It was really red outside the temple.

Close up of the red red lanterns up.

The view from the temple was nice. You probably can't see it here, but from here, I could see KL tower and twin towers in the distance.

Lucky there wasn't that much smoke as there were people... I got "kau chim" at the temple. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about here. Asked about education path, and this was the message I got; No. 27 - Let nature take it own course. Comforting but not really helping... [sigh]

Hmm... there had the 12 zodiac statues in the garden. Since there were lots of people on the Ox statue, I only managed to take photo of the description of personality of those born in the year of the Ox.

Performance shot. They were playing some music tempo with tongs and stuff.

Did I mention that there were a lot of people? =D

The finale of the day was the massive scale of fireworks.

They were really pretty to look at.

Though at one point I was thinking like this...

"Waa.. so much money up in smoke..."

"RM1000 gone"

"RM2000 gone"
"Oh... the money.." Hahha~! I did enjoy the fireworks. Honest~!

If you have the time, I recommend that you visit this place at Chap Goh Mei.

Hope that we'll have a good year ahead of us~! Cheers~!

No comments: