Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cycling Adventure



Pic source: http://www.otakalypse.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Bell_bicycle.jpg


It had been such a long time since I felt like going on an adventure. Plus the burden of doing assignments often led me to sink deeper into depression and routine. So today I decided to get out from my rut and go for an adventure, on my trusty bicycle.

As always, being neglected for quite a while, the air in my tires were flat, next to nothing. Easily fixed by having a handy foot pump. With the creaking of the bicycle seat under my weight, I set off to explore.

The evening air was quite still as the sun was set to set. Haha~! Pun intended. I went my rounds around my housing area like I used to. I thought "Exploring around this area would be a nice comparison as to the last time I went exploring but maybe I should try somewhere new".

I walked my bicycle uphill (I can't do uphill). I came to the playground that had at that moment, quite a number of children playing with some parents around, keeping a vigilant eyes on their cute but mischievous brats. Haha~! Children can do some unexpected things with your back turned to them. Anway, I walked until I came to my usual t-junction. Often I would turn right and go zipping off my usual route.

Today was different. I walked to the left, in the direction of my primary school. Hahah~! It's true that my primary school is walking distance from my house. After the slight uphill, comes the wonderful downhill that I deliciously took. Zoom~!

*Brake~!* I stopped to look at the 'pink' condo that is finished now but had only begun to be constructed when I left primary. I could see that a lot of changes took place here. For one, there was the lost of the "science" park. I remembered that it wasn't much things very science about it, only that they labeled the plants with its common name and its scientific terms...

I cycled to the entrance of the condo. Often I wished to enter and explore the inside of all the condos in my housing area but there was always that security issue... So I turned around and zipped past the open gates of my primary school, past the secondary school that was beside it.

Ahead, there were some new houses that were construted I had wanted to check out but I always thought so while driving past it. What a perfect opportunity to sneak a peek... or so I thought until I saw that it was off limits to pesky pedestrians like me. No matter. I shall come back when it's ready for my viewing pleasure.

I pressed on this new road. There was a lovely little bush forest on my left to explore if it weren't for the fact that I'm paranoid that there might be snakes living there. So when I spotted a white rock trail to my right, I jumped at the chance to see where it led. Curiously, there was a basketball court, all nicely built up. From the condition of the court, it had to be quite new.

I loved cycling on flat grounds and there weren't much of it around my hilly housing area, so I decided to enter the basketball court. The court was nicely fenced up and sat in between two condo apartments, being slightly in its little own bush forest. I cycled round and round, losing myself to the serenity of the bush forest and the clicking sound of my under-oiled chains.

Satisfied with 12 rounds (or more), I bid farewell to my new favourite cycling spot and moved on, excited to find more hidden jems like this. A little further from the court, I saw that I was coming near some shoplots. I didn't want to see shoplots today... So when the sight of blue gates came up, I quickly detoured into the path that it was suppose to be guarding.

It wasn't a very big path... It had a big drain on my left that I could have fitted an elephant. Falling into this drain wasn't an option.. I thought in my head and pictured what would have happened if I did. Not a pretty picture I assure you. I could see that this path wasn't so deserted as it seems for there were mid tracks of motorcycles here.

Coming out from the other side of the gate, I came to a place that didn't look any familiarity to me at all. Spurred by anxiousness, I took this new route to whereever it may lead me. As I came out from a bend, I heard some people karaoke-ing. I cycled nearer and found that there was a fishing area what I deem, secluded spot. Looking from the entrance, I saw that there were quite a number of people fishing. They were fishing like regulars, no one seemed out of place except me. So I didn't hang about for too long and continued on this interesting path.

Soon enough, the path brought me to Desa Waterpark. Now I knew my barrings. I cycled, looking in to see the state of the waterpark. it looked empy; I didn't know if it was because of the fact that it's past closing time or that the place lost out to sunway lagoon... Remembering my friend's proposal (Jonz's) about there being no space for young inspiring graffiti artist to use, this building could be used for graffiti space. I thought that this slightly run down park could use all the "publicity" to rake in the crowds.

What's more run down was the paintball shooting game arena beside the waterpark. Boy, it must have suffered due to the poor turn up to this waterpark. There was also a restaurant here but it seemed to be fine with business. Albeit a little slow but it has business nonetheless.

It was getting darker now that the sun was minutes away from its slumber. So I took the route home, the one which I had taken countless of times by car. It was not so easy with a bicycle. It had a steep uphill so I took my time, pushing my bicycle up. There was another condo to my right, only this one was just completed late last year. Explore to the entrance I did. By the time I reached the entrance, the sun had already set and it was getting quite dark.

The path that I thought would be a dead end turned out to have another path to the left. Many of you would have thought I was insane to take this less travelled path in the dark, but I took it anyway. So there~! To my surprise, the end of the path led to a gate and this gate was near the 'pink' condo I was exploring earlier. I had missed it the first time round as the gate was slightly hidden in the bushes.

The gate was unlocked but there was a guard there. I bet he must be thinking I must be some loon to be cycling in the dark but he was polite regardless. Making a quick jog up the downhill that I so nicely took, I made my way homeward. Coming to pass the playground, I could see that the children and parents have all gone home as it was too dark to play.

I jumped at this opportunity to play the swings. I parked my bicycle where I could keep my eyes on it and just played swings. Sometimes I worry that the swing would break under my weight (haha~! I know I'm heavy) but this time I threw caution to the wind and enjoyed the cool night air. I didn't stay for too long though and got home, just in time for dinner.

I look forward to more cycling adventure but for now, I'll let my bicycle have its well earned rest. I wonder what I'll find next time. Cheers~!

No comments: