Thursday, January 04, 2007

Cheesecake

The New Year is here and mum just finished checking stock for the Chinese New Year baking preparation. Since my mum was cleaning up the baking utensils, she decided to bake a Peach Cheesecake.

For those who don't know, there are two ways to making cheesecake and that is either by baking it in an oven or just refrigerate it (it'll depend on the recipe). Mum decided on the bake type of cake (it'll be her first bake-type cheesecake). I helped.

I'm ok with the peeling, slicing, and dicing provided you're willing to be patient with me (need the time to focus on not cutting my fingers) but when we come to the fire bit, things could get ugly. Hahaha~! I tend to burn stuff. A slight Pyromaniac.

The cake turned out so-so. Mum's not used to the fairly new oven. The temperature was not high enough and so when we took out the cake the first time, it was too soft and wet. It was so funny. Anyway, the cake needed to be baked some more. But after that, Yummy~!

Will be busy with baking and stuff. Chinese New Year's on the 18th of Feb, I think. Mum normally uses a whole month to bake. If you come to my house, 80% of what there's to eat is home-made. Maybe I'll bring / make some to sell. Cheers~!

No comments: