Sunday, September 21, 2008

Filling in the Gaps

Without further ado, I present this long post... [lol]


Week 5 of 13
Friday 12th September
Friday’s class was rather full-on. We listened to a talk, pitched our logos, showed our animatics (which Reif and Kelvin did an awesome job preparing).
After class, Hanna and I made our way to the Chocolate room for some (you guessed it) chocolate. (That's the photo of the name of the shop. It's really comfy) (That's Hanna with our desserts~!)
(This one is Hanna's. She ordered a chocolate drink.. Can't remember the name of it. [lol])
I had a Chicago Chocolate dessert. Yummy~!
(Yes~! Don't you just want a spoonful of this delight?)
(Well, you can't because I finished it. [evil grin] [wipes off chocolate from lips])
(It was a good time when you can sit, chat and eat chocolate)
After dessert, I walked with Hanna and showed her some of the restaurants which I thought were good. The walk’s purpose for me was really to walk off the chocolate… [lol]

Saturday 13th September
Wasn’t anything much planned for the mooncake festival… Van had asked me for a little help.

Her Vietnamese student group had arranged to have a little sale of sorts. (I was the one who blew up these balloons and tied them on a string)I was told to just help look after the store {I just thought that would happen when she goes to the toilet} and that I get to sing. (Chicken soup on the left, danish rolls and muffins)
I’m not a fantastic singer but I do want to get as much practice as I can. (The decorations) So you can imagine my utter disappointment and anger when she leaves to make and bring more food and didn’t prepare us small change, tissue and gloves / tongs… (I sat outside for a bit, totally bored out of my skull)
Yea… us... I was madder, wondering why she needed me at all if she got another friend to help. ([sigh] at least I got to see the moon)
(Van returned with the stuff she should have left us first and more food)
The singing thing didn’t happen. I walked away from this event, feeling that I had wasted my time. [sigh] she wanted to pass some food to me which she said she will later but she didn’t inform me that she wasn’t coming and I waited the whole night for her. Is it that hard to sms me? [grumbles] I will not be angry with her for long, no worries but I’m only human so let me fume a little for now…

Sunday 14th September
I was awaken by the ringing of my handphone (my skeleton practically jumped out of my skin) at 8am in the morning~!!! Who, in their right minds would call someone else at that hour (unless you know that the person is an early riser and I’m NOT an early riser) my ideal time to rise is when the sun is high in the sky.

If you’re wondering why I didn’t just silent my phone, I must say it’s because I didn’t want any repeat on the Evelyn episode (I’m not longer upset about that) Regardless, I glared at my phone and saw that it was Van. She called to ask if she could come over for breakfast.. I was still fuming about the disappointment the day before but I still kept my cool. I don’t eat breakfast, people… I have my breakfast drink…

Unfortunately for dear Van, I had planned to go swimming in the afternoon and later in the evening go for buffet Korean BBQ dinner, which I specifically told her. I was not pleased when she called me that few times that day (This is the restaurant name at Boxhill)

(The interestingly shaped pig grill pan / stove. It's a wild boar, in case you can't see)
(The first few meat to grace the pan / stove)
(That's Evelyn, she was the one who brought us to this restaurant)
([stir stir][flip flip] Ah, the lovely sound of cooking...)
(Yay~! Cooked meat~! Yummy)
(I guess the best part of this meal is that it's buffet style~! [grin] Oh, the only utensil you need; plate, fork, cup and tongs. The spoon became redundant since we didn't take rice. As if we would with all these meat to eat~!)
(Jaslyn posing with the meat [lol])
(Yoong Yoong, with her pink-not-orange sweater. She keeps saying it's orange when it's obviously pink..[snicker])
(Man Yee, happy with the food. Peace~!)
(Evelyn, with a funny pose for the good meat eat)
(I think it's interesting that we can see Man Yee's eye right in the middle of the calamari)
(The food~!!)
I DID enjoy the Korean BBQ very very very much. Thanks Evelyn for the great recommendation.

Week 6 of 13
Monday 15th September
It’s already the mid of the month.. scary. Anyway, nothing much for business class other than setting the next meeting on next Tuesday. Ermmm… Oh~! After class, I went to the city to meet Sabrina~!!!!!! Happy happy~!

I was delighted to meet Sabrina after half a year. We were walking arm in arm as I led her to Max Brenner for waffles. [grin] Love their waffles. Had arranged to meet Su Jin there. ^_^ The three of us sat and chatted for a bit.

After waffles, Su Jin left for her dinner plans and I took Sabs for some Vietnamese food. (The tea is yummy, isn't it Sabs?)
Pho noodles. Unfortunately the one in the city was pretty bad…
too much ajinomoto and Sabs said her chicken version tasted like hor fun… which it does to an extend.. [lol] I hope I was good company to take your mind off the not-so-good food, Sabs…

Tuesday 16th September
Was extremely tempted to skip class. I was right when we didn’t do much in class today. All I did was post up the list of image references we need and editing the script. I was glad that vera invited me to have lunch with them.

We made our way to lucky coq to have their good and yet cheap pizza. Was suppose to skip class today and hang out with Sabs, Su Jin and Chek Lee. But I had a feeling that that plan won’t happen and went to class and had pizza lunch instead. So it’s good.
Who was there? Vera, Kelvin, Loius, Dedy, Jojo, Huee and Khairul. (The left- Kelvin, the one in green, Loius)
(Nearest to the camera - Vera, Dedy & Khairul. Huee is actually in the middle of Dedy and Khairul but Dedy blocked her from the camera. [lol])
(Khairul & Jojo. Unfortunetaly, no photos of Huee since I took the photos candidly.)
(Spring is certainly in the air with all these flowers in bloom)
(Lovely colours really... and I pass them everytime I go to school)
(Even this little wonder, it grows past the fence along the route to the Prahran train station)
(Pretty don't you think?)
(On the other side of the fence grow this creeper flower plant that has purple blossoms)
(Prahran station)
(Coming back to a cloudy sunset is nice too)

Wednesday 17th September

Was early for comm prac class. (Took some photos of the white blossom tree on a clear blue day)

Today Jiew was in charge of presenting. I brought my folio layout to be viewed. Lots of work to do [sigh]

Needless to say, I was plenty pleased that I got Sabrina to distract myself after class. i went to pick her up from the city after my class at 3pm.. we were decided between a daily ticket ($6.50) and 2-hour ticket ($3.50). the trick with the latter is that if we validate the ticket (which we did at 3.15pm), it'll expire at 6pm (it counts from the next closest hour {which in this case is 4pm} and then add 2 hours).

you can imagine sabs and i were standing at the ticket machine, calculating if i can get her back to the city before 6pm... then from the city, we headed to my college again.

Today was a train day for me. [snicker] brought her around the campus. tough luck and steve wasn't walking about... so she couldn't catch a glimpse of him... [lol] i made it sound as if he was an endangered species. Xp

i let her use the internet at school rather than the original plan of using my internet because my college connection is wicked fast~! [nod nod nod] my friend told me that swinburne college has the fastest internet connection in melbourne. XD youtube streaming is pretty good. oopss... off topic. [grin]

after the campus tour of sorts, we headed back to my room at about 5pm. my modest little abode. there we transfered the photos from her cameras to her pendrive (while looking at some of the photos she took). after that, i took her back to the city at 5.30pm and we reached the city at about 5.45pm. [grin]

since i was in the city, i messaged 2 friends to see if they were free for dinner. sabs curfew was at 7pm and not 6pm, so we sat in the middle of the city square (of sorts), enjoyed the lovely evening air and chatted. by the time it was 7pm, my friend had replied and was indeed free for dinner. sabs had to have dinner with her family (they bought food to cook to save money)

The friend who replied was Perng and I was plenty pleased that he and nick were meeting up to eat dinner in the city. I really didn’t want to return home early today. We ate at a Japanese noodles shop. I ordered gyoza ramen. The boys were exchanging movies and talking about tv series and games. Thankful for sabs’, perng’s and nick’s company since I certainly needed it.

Thursday 18th Sept
Missed classes today. Overslept… Yikes…

Had dinner with Van. No longer angry. Enjoyed dinner.

Friday 19th Sept

(Read the firey dinner post)

This post was a little tough to do... I wrote the words first, then post the photos and then fixed them together and added photo captions

2 comments:

puiyeel said...

sorry to hear ur mooncake fest day wasnt tat well, but u get to see the moon no? i don... T-T aih so sad...

ladywinters said...

Lucky I got to see the lovely round moon. Next year I'll invite you, kimmy and sabrina over for mooncakes and candle playing and chitchat.. [grin] maybe i'll toss in one or two lanterns to burn or we can go lantern walk. [super grin]