Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 5 of 13

Thought I'd start this post and then edit until the weekends and then post it... Think that's much better on my brain.. [lol]

8th Sept 2008, Monday
I went early to school to find my poor forgotten pendrive. It wasn't where I left it but I knew it was in a pretty visible location (makes you wonder how I missed it in the first place [lol]). It was to my great pleasure that some nice fellow found my pendrive and passed it to the registrar. Interestingly enough, the receptionist was asking my name and when I started to explain the description of my pendrive to her (white, kingston, green parts, blue string) I was nicely reunited with my pendrive. hehehe.

Class was usual with Dion overlooking our progress. I had a bad feeling about our business setup in australia (it's a mock business plan) and asked Dion what if we weren't allowed to do it in Australia... He said at this stage, that he would still allow us to proceed but should have done this research a while ago... I was right to ask him that question since I got a reply from the Australian Customs (Was just asking if we could import in a fish species) and that it wasn't in the allowed list. Oh well... at least Dion said we could still proceed. ^_^

9th Sept 2008, Tuesday
I had been sleeping rather late the couple of days and was working on the group research document for a solid 4 hours... not that my group members would know. [shrugs] at least I know. So in the morning, I was pretty bushed and had to literally drag myself from my bed. It's a battle half won once I get into the bathroom. [lol]

It was a good thing that I went to class today. We were doing further discussions about the storyboard. Style change again... XD Steve steve. Tsk tskk.. [lol] But then again, as designer (especially digital designer) I'm mentally aware that changes are frequent and we have to roll with the punches.

10th Sept 2008, Wednesday
I came late again for Shane's class. XD Wasn't too late but still late... More or less the moment I got into the classroom, my group had to present the weekly discussion. Jiew was worried that I won't come for the class and was wondering if he or Matt had to present in my place. [lol]

Nothing much for comm prac (communicating practice). Just showed Shane some work and then I was off to eat some thai lunch with Jiew. Ate massaman curry with rice. It's a sweet curry (lots of coconut milk, carrots, peanuts and chicken). After lunch, I made my way to the library to do some research... while waiting for Evelyn to finish class. Made use of the fast internet speed in school by downloading motion graphic videos (thank you ando for sharing your love for motion graphic with us)

11th Sept 2008, Thursday
For once I was early for my business lecture class~! [lol] Scott was talking about company branding (what is it? why do it? examples of good brands). He began on time and ended earlier.

Something interesting happened for flash class today. It started when I read this email we got from Bill (our lecturer). He said to arrive early and that he'll have a short announcement and then he'll take us to a secret location for lunch. Intriguing isn't it? [lol]

Sure enough, he brought the whole class (about 30 of us) to Lucky Coq and each of us got a free pizza. Tehehe~! Yea~! Free pizza as big as pizza hut's medium size pizza. He brought us there to do work... As to why we got the free pizza, I'll say it's an incentive of sorts and that the money wasn't really from his pocket.

On the way home, I was mentally preparing my dinner for the night (yea... I do that.. sometimes). When I got home, I thought of getting work done and out of the way, which was rare since I'm really lazy... About 90% done, Kah messages me and ask if I was free for dinner tonight. (Ahhh... now I know why I'm "told" to do my work -instincts-) Promptly I accepted the invite, completed my work as best I could, uploaded the work (it's a group project) and dashed away to the city (ok... I took the train..)

We had our dinner in the city. Curious as to why he was in the city (he lives 45 minutes away from the city), I learnt that his friend was the one who dragged him and he's dragging me. [lol] I suppose the funny thing would be his friend didn't know I was coming so there wasn't enough space in the car (which Kah didn't know about)... so Kah and I had dinner in the city.

We hopped into a vietnamese restaurant that sells asian food. I ordered curry laksa.. which was funny since I had fish curry yesterday and korean curry the day before that. I like curry~! Tehehe =) After dinnner, we walked to EB Games that sells platfrom games (Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo DS, etc) and computer games. Since we had nothing much to do after, we headed home.

NOTE: I realise that the post are a little backlogged but I thought I'd better post this for now. Working on filling in the gaps. Cheers~!

No comments: