Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fire Episode 2

23rd September 2008
So this fire episode happened on friday right... on monday night (technically tuesday morning) there was a fire in my building. small fire...

at 3 am, the smoke alarm rang in my room... at first i panicked and checked if i had left anything on.. no, of course not, the last i used the stove was to cook dinner. then i opened the main door, the main smoke alarm was ringing. then the announcement said to evacuate the building. there was no panic going on, no shuffling steps... so i knew it was a small fire.

i went back into my room to put on a sweater and took my passport just in case.... it was very cold outside... later i learnt that some idiot set some garbage on fire... There wasn't anything to panic about since there wasn't much smoke though i could smell burnt plastic + food faintly.

Anyway after the fire fighters came to put out the fire... (yea there was a fire engine that came to investigate), waiting for the elevator to go back up, i've seen some poor girl that had came rushing down bare footed and in her pajamas... the poor thing was freezing. i can imagine.. i came down in my slippers and my feet were cold.

And when all this happened, I had just set my alarm clock and was going to sleep.. Some wake up call... I'll be back to post some more photos soon. Cheers~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The song, "Smoke gets in you eyes" comes into my mind [grins]

Glad u weren't hurt [pats head]

ladywinters said...

[lol] that's a nice song actually. [grin] although it's a little cheesy... XD