Saturday, November 15, 2008

My not-so-holiday Holidays

Allow me to work backwards and put together this post. So the most recent is from the end of the post to the top here


10th Nov 2008, Monday

It was the last day of business and I'm really very pleased with the performance of my group. Here's a group photo [L to R: Louise Chui, Jake Ng, Jaslyn Koh and me]
Here's one with our lecturer, Dion. Thanks for everything Dion~!
After the presentation, we went to have lunch in the city... [drools] Here's Jaslyn with her duck.
Here's my lunch of the day, cheese baked rice with chicken meat, bacon bits and mushroom in cream sauce... [drools some more]
Oh and here's yoong yoong's roasted pork meat (Siew Yuk) rice. I took some of the Siew Yuk since I had a craving for it. Yay~!

11th Nov 2008, Tuesday
Nothing new to report...
Just my usual sunset watching photos...

It's really amazing how a few minutes pass and the whole scene changes...
It's lovely to have a warm cup of tea and breathe the cold evening air as we see Apollo's departure for the day... [happy sigh]

15th Nov 2008, Saturday

Was suppose to be a gorup dinner but I already knew that the only ones to arrive would be me, Evelyn, Vera and Saran.

We met up in the city and took this photo of the city decoration lights. [L to R: Me, Vera & Evelyn]
We had the decision between Thai food and Korean BBQ but since we didn't want to come out smelling like meat (yea... eating Korean BBQ does do that to you since the smell sticks to your clothes), we decided Thai food.
That's my coffee drink. Yummy~!

The green curry chicken [drools]
Vera's guava drink? I think it's guava or it's something else.... but it's a fruit drink definately, just served in this container.
[Laughs out loud] That's Saran, pulling a scary look~! He had to hold that pose for a while since my camera is a bit slow... hahaha~!
While waiting for the rest of our food, more photos [L to R: Evelyn, Vera & Saran]
DESSERTS~! Yummy~! It's very much like the Malay Kueh (Kuih) you can find back home.

Because it's a good few days now... I can't remember what it's called... hahah~!
But I do know that I like this one A LOT. I think it was just called coconut dessert... XD strong coconut milk (santan) taste.

This one was a banana glutinous rice (pulut) dessert sprinkled with sesame seed on the top. I love sweets~! I really enjoyed our dinner together. Thanks~!

16th Nov 2008, Sunday
I had to wake up early because yoong yoong was coming to find her pendrive... when she came, she asked if her pendrive was on the table to which I replied no. She checked her bag and it was there all the time.. [smacks forehead] She goes on her merry way to print the stuff while I waited for us to head to boxhill.

Met up with Pauline at Glenferrie station where we sat in the cold... Just what kind of summer is this turning out to be. Can be pretty hard to adjust to the sudden change in weather... Ate lunch with the girls (jaslyn, man yee, yoong yoong, pauline and myself) and the tv was showing TVB's tv awards I think.

Bought some small stuff and headed back to Unilodge. Helped Yoong Yoong move her stuff from her old room to her new room. Managed to find what she needed to hand up on monday... Walked the girls (jaslyn and man yee) to the station, followed yoong yoong and pauline to pauline's place. Helped pauline to correct her resume and cover letter in 3 hours. Got to eat pauline's home-cooking. ^_^ I even got free food~! Whheee~!

I came home and called evelyn and we worked on her systems for a bit...

17th Nov 2008, Monday
Technically it's only 1.20am so there isn't much of today to report about other than I'm helping Evelyn with work and that later I'll be dragged out of bed in the morning and probably drop by class for a short while before crashing onto bed later...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kueh????????

Elo, u better come back ASAP... u're losing ur Malaysian spelling XD

ladywinters said...

i'm well aware that the correct spelling is kuih... Xp

it's for pronounciation purposes and stuff... hahaha~! though i'm thinking the english translation of kuih wouldn't be kueh but rather malaysian cakes / desserts. But that's no fun~!