Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The New Year Party 2009

You cannot believe how happy I am that I'm finally getting the blog from year 2008 to 2009. Hahaha~! Though the photos in here are technically taken on the 31st December 2008... [shrugs]

It was a small get-together party. I had wanted to meet up with peeps that I was more or less dying to see after being in Melbourne for a year and stuff. ^_^ no offense to those that I didn't invite la. I didn't have much days to prepare, though note that my mum always and lovingly goes beyond her call of duty? [lol] for me. The smaller the group, the better. =P

Things won't go this smooth without my mumsies. hehehe~!
The amount of food that we got for the night.
It was my first time to try to bbq the fish. That's Jess' (mok - to differentiate the few Jess I know..) fingers by the way. [lol]
The setup was about this simple. 2 BBQ sets ready and set to go. fufufufu~! That's my maid there manning the fire by the way.
Kimmy, Jess and Khuan here... to help with the preparations. [hugs] thanks~!
The feast... I apologize to those who hasn't eaten anything yet... hahaha~!
Manning the fire. ^_^ pretty fire....
You can see that the food is sizzling off the grill~! [salivates]
Jess armed with a skewer~! RUN~!!! [lol] I think that this skewer might actually be more deadly than her kendo stick... [lol some more]
The fire was going on so good that we were practically cooking faster than we could eat. Hahaha~!
Yum yum~! It's lovely just to watch the fire... I'm sometimes distracted by fire to the point that the food is a bit too "well done" [snicker]
The food that mumsie and the others handle are superb... mine is slightly charred. Fufufu~! I still eat it anyway.
Soon, the evening became night.. and we're still having loads of fun~!
Zie is so cute~! [cuddles] She's like a satay man~! hahahha~! So serious.. In case you're wondering, she's applying honey... or was it butter... [shrugs]
Oh, this was the first time I met Sou Leng? Forgive me if I got the spelling and even the name wrong~! Hahahahha~! She was one of the late ones...
Pui Yee was a bit late too. >;3 at least she came. kekeke~! To help finish the food, right? hahahah~! Yes~! That's beer~! Goes so well with roasted marshmellows... [drools]


[lol] Other than them, we extended the invite to my aunt's (mum's sister) family and grandma~! They were inside the house... having steamboat. hahahha~! So it was a steamboat and bbq party. =P Originally it was just a bbq party but grandma wanted steamboat SO yea. [lol]

The party went on... we ate our fill, cleaned up, packed up and waited for the new year fireworks. Cheers~!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG... the AMOUNT of FOOD [drools]

Will make it the next time.. muahahahahahaha....

ladywinters said...

yup. better to overestimate than under-estimate... then again, there's a good number of us at home to eat the leftovers later anyway. kakakaka~!

hopefully you can come for the next one la.

Unknown said...

I believe i CAN make it the next time... hahahahaha... maybe i should just GLAREEE at the person who's going to give me at night work. lolx

ladywinters said...

I think you're pushing the concept "Seeing is believing" too far with the glarings? hahahah~!