Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Day Out

Hey there. Phew, I just got back from such a long day out. [sinks into my study chair]

Today I only had 1 one-hour class. However, I was doing work til 2am yesterday (Was on a roll of doing work), though the work was only due today at 5pm. But I was plenty glad to finish it way before the deadline.

So it isn't suprising that I woke up later than usual this morning. With only enough time to wash my face and dress to go, I dashed out the door and catched the next express train to school. I thought that I would be late but I was mistaken as I came just on time. We had a guest speaker (all I can remember is his name's Frank) to talk about his experiences and environmental sustability. For me, it was an interesting talk but to others I asked, they found themselves lulled to sleep with his sharings.

After the speech, I went with Su Khwin to do some things... In the end, I accompanied her to do some clothes shopping in Chapel St. After this initial round of shopping, we went to her house and got some rest (while she went to change her clothes). We (Su Khwin, Priscilla & I) met up with Linda, Bor, Yoong, Raymond and Joanne (yes, another Joanne who's doing Interior) at Flinders St Station. I got to try the choco churros... (it tastes great but should only take it in small quantities)

From there we made our way to Smith St, to do some more shopping... Let's just say that we enter 1 shop, browse, try-on, pay, move onto the next shop and then the whole process continues... for about 15 shops or so? I think we were there from 1pm to 5pm... That's 4 hours of shopping. Everyone bought some things for themselves except me (obvious that no clothings can fit me and I didn't need to buy shoes, bags or accessories). However, I did walk away with an interesting shopping experience (it was good exercise).

And yea, the only reason why we stopped at 5pm was because the shops were closed. [shrugs] We made our way to the city... Was suppose to go eat dinner together but they went ahead and did more shopping.... Tired of the shopping spree and getting very hungry, I was relieved when I got to go dinner with Su Jin and her gang instead.

We ate at a Japanese restaurant called Yamato, which was at Chinatown (Lt Burke St). I ate Kitsune Udon~! Hehehe~! I enjoyed it, even though the serving wasn't big... Plus I got to hang out with Su Jin, Shien Hao, Yee Boon, Perng, Kelvin & Shin Yeu. By the time I got back home (after I had to wait for 28 minutes for the next train), it was 11.30pm... So yea, after a nice refreshing shower, I'm typing this post for you... before going to bed now... [yawn] Cheers~!

No comments: