Saturday, March 15, 2008

School and More

Classes are fine here since I'm on a three-days a week schedule. However this week was super tiring for me because I had to go back to school to attend a group meeting. So you can imagine my greatest relief as Friday (14/3) came strolling along.

Friday started like other fridays. Waking up at 7, going to class at 9am, having lunch in cafeteria.. But because I was so tired, I was desperate to find a place to nap.. I was weighing my options in my mind... Library seems like the best choice but seeing as to no one else sleeping in the library, I didn't want to be the first. The cafeteria was too noisy. It isn't easy to find an empty class to nap in..

So when my friend invited me to see her new house, I jumped at the chance. See, all this for a nap. How terrible can I get. Hahaha~! Although the day was super duper sunny and hot, her house was not too far from the campus so it was worth the walk in the sun. Plus I was excited to see her house. I'm considering of finding a place nearer to campus and this place isn't too bad.. but the rent's the same as I pay here at Unilodge, it doesn't include the electric bill... (I use quite a bit of electricity... leaving my laptop on, like lights...), no lifts and the security there isn't too good.

But what I don't like the most is the fact the rooms here just shares with another person. I mean it's great for privacy and all but if it comes to company... it's not too great. And cleaning will be much more per person and it'll be bad if the person that I ended up staying with is a pig. [sigh]

Anyway, coming back to friday. I did managed to catch a 10 minutes nap on the sofa before I had to go to my second class. 3D class means Maya software. Getting the hang of it. Good thing that the teacher's good at what he does. Thanks Steve~!

I guess the main highlights of the day was when I was going back. At the train station, I saw some smoke... When I got there, some dudes were putting out the fire that was on the tracks... Don't know how it got there. The dudes managed to put out the fire when fire engines could be heard. I was like "You've got to be kidding...". Sure enough there was a fire engine, sirens and blinking lights.. the real deal. Was wondering who called the fire engine, when another fire engine came from behind... I was like "Ok... a bit much right for a small fire"

I was surpised but pleased at the fireman's respond. Made me feel safe and secure on the inside... Didn't manage to see what happen next because my train had arrived.

Back at home, I did more of my experimental cooking (porridge with minced pork, mushrooms and nuts). Didn't boil the mushrooms and nuts enough. But good thing I didn't burn the porridge. It's easy to burn the bottom if you're not careful. It was edible so not to worry. Ended the day with a massive spring clean of the kitchen and toilet with the rest of my housemates (except for one stupid lazy girl [glares at her]). Oops, long long post with no photos whatsoever. [shrugs] Cheers~!

No comments: