Sunday, March 09, 2008

Moomba Fireshow Display

Hey everyone~! I had a fun weekend (8/3 & 9/3) and I thought I'd share it with you guys. [grin]

Saturday (8/3) was my dad's birthday. I kinda suck being stuck here, missing the first family birthday celebration. Not to worry since I did give my dad a call and made me feel better. Anyway, back to the main story. Afternoon, I went to this exhibition at Federation Square called "Game On" that cost AUS10. It was so cool~! There were lots of different games from different consoles (from atari to wii).



I tried my hand on the wii. It's not as easy to control but can be mastered with time. I was in the exhibition for 2 hours, trying my hand on random games... Wanted to try the PS3 and Xbox 360 but too many people hogging them. But before I left, the last game I played was guitar hero (song "Take Me Out")



This photo shows one part of the Federation Square building. It has such an interesting architecture.

I was a little hungry after the exhibition so I bought some nuggets and sat in the square to eat.

While eating, I was also having fun taking photographs of the big square.

After my nuggets, I took a tram down to Su Jin's house. We were hanging out there until 6pm. Why? Because we had a movie appointment. Yay~! We watched 10,000 BC. I admit I like the CG but the storyline was erm... predictable and cheesy. The movie tickets was AUS14.50 and that's student price... Normal price = AUS 16. We stopped by McD to grab dinner and made our way to the Yarra River.

To see some fireworks. It's in conjunction of the Waterfest here. [shrugs] There are other activities but only the fireworks caught my attention.


The show was about 20 minutes long. It has lots of pretty colours...


But I think the ones back at home are more dramatic. Here I feel it's rather messy... Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself. We went to Su Jin's house and hanged out (drinks, learn Texas Hold Down, watched more movies from external drive). Stayed overnight at her place since the trams stops running at about 11pm.



Next morning (9/3) we went to Victoria market to buy groceries. I bought some white peaches~! Love them~! I came back at 12pm, starving but I napped since I only had 2 hours of sleep... I had loads of fun. But now, back to work. Until next time then, Cheers~!

No comments: