Wednesday, July 02, 2008

S'pore Letter & Immigration Museum

Yay~! Thanks darling, pillow for the lovely letter all the way from S'pore [waves it around excitedly] I guess you should already suspect that I'll do a blog post about receiving it. [grin]
And look! I got a drawing too and a coaster. Gosh, seeing the life drawing really makes me want to draw~! I haven't drawed for the longest time...

What I like the best-est is the green colour pen. [grin] Thanks Pillow for your letter. Your reply is on its way to you as I'm typing this... Happy happy happy~!
1st July 2008
On this day, I was transported to Japan to view the sakura trees.... mentally. [grin] I went to the Immigration museum (it's not hard to guess what the museum is about...) since they had the Kimono exhibition with Annie, a friend I made in the orientation party and my junior (she's doing her 1st year and the same age as Kitsune).
I enjoyed viewing the kimono on exhibition but because of the delicate colours of the old kimonos, we weren't allowed to take photography of it.. all is not lost since we were allowed to take photographs in here..
Look~! A set of kimonos to try...
And even a video on how to dress up in a kimono. Unfortunately for me, the size of the kimonos are meant for the kids. It's a museum, not a kimono shop. It was a good thing that I went with Annie since she's small size. I helped her with the kimono after a quick watch of the tutorial video and tada~!
Cute, ne? [happy happy happy]
On a random note; I actually spotted a 2nd hand kimono selling for Aus43 in a 2nd hand shop in Prahran today (2nd July) but it was very very long and a little dull in colour... There was another one I liked but it's for guys. [cries]
Other than the Kimono exhibition, the other exhibitions were about... immigrations of immigrants to Australia... I like to see model boats...
Especially as detailed as this one...
"All abroad~! Bon Voyage~!"
That's Annie in the "cabin of a ship". Reminds me of the cruiseships I've boarded before, superstar Gemini was one of them if I'm not mistaken...
It was a long time ago but not as long ago that I had to use this ancient camera. [lol]
Neither did we have to use a quill to write. I love getting and writing snail mails. [grin] It's a good thing we upgraded from quills to pen and my glasses does not look like that. It's so small... that and my face is big. [lol]
Anyway, I like this museum since we're encouraged to interact with the installation art. [points to the tv in the corner] I'm totally impressed that they got such an old tv working~!
Other than installation art, there's your normal display art... like this. The reason why these flowers travelled to Australia is to be planted in Melbourne's Botanic Gardens. (which I saw in my trip to the Gardens)
The reason why these song birds are brought in by the immigrants is because "songbirds brought to remind English settlers of their homeland" (which I do not hear while I'm here)
There was even one about how the rats come... It was so cute that they presented the rats like foreign travellers. (which thank God I do not have in my kitchen - I'm talking about the rats, not the foreign travellers) [lol]
Dressed in little clothes and personified as humans, gambling, drinking, sun bathing... There was one of bugs but I couldn't bring myself to photograph them. [shudders] Cockroaches are not meant to be photographable >__< I had a fun time walking and exploring the Immigration Musuem. The fee to enter is Aus 6 for an adult but because Annie and I were Australian students, we got in for free. [grin] We plan to go to either the Aquarium or the Observation Tower next week. We'll see which one we'll go. Cheers~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I officially think our museum compare to Aussie's one is pretty boring. Doubt we can see how rats and cockroaches (shudders) migrate to this country. LOLx.

OOO, the glasses and quill reminds me of Harry Potter (grins). Won't mind using it but I think I'll end up smearing the words out (leftie u know) and I'll keep knocking the ink pot {clumsy lor} X__X

I wonder how i'll look like wearing Harry Potter glasses.....

ladywinters said...

[lol] I think the rats and cockroaches came from our place really. [shudders]

Would be interesting to see you with harry's glasses. I think if you were a witch, you would magically make the ink dry maybe except when we have exams... no magic allowed then. XD