Saturday, July 26, 2008

Van's Belated Birthday Party

24th July 2008
I was invited to attend Van's party. [grin] It would be my first time going to her new house in Auburn. Since she needed to borrow the glasses from me, she came to pick me. Woot~! Car ride~! [lol]

When I arrived at her house and walking to her apartment, it felt like a hotel. [grin] I think her new place was very cosy. [nod nod nod] I was put on balloon duty... Not that big a deal if you didn't have a fear of popping balloons... But I'm always gamed to take fear head on. Well, at least I try. [lol]

At least I got to use a foot pump, although I'll point out here that I do have a healthy pair of lungs [nod nod nod] That's what they told me when I did my annual checkup early this year. So when the first balloon popped and I wasn't scared, hurrah~! I'm semi cured. Not keen on blowing the balloon by mouth. No thanks.

All the food for the party were handmade by Van. And they were pretty simple to make. [nod nod nod] This one is toasted bread with chicken breast meat with a bit of avacado sprinkled lightly with black pepper and salt.
Again with the toast, but this time with tuna with a bit of cucumber... there was another with scrambled eggs with mayo ^_^
Then there's sushi~! This one is with tuna and cucumber... of course wrapped with Nori seaweed and Japanese rice mixed with rice vinegar (for those who never made sushi before)
This one is the scrambled eggs with cucumber... can you see the clever lil cycle of ingredients in the food here. ^_^
This one is with salmon... with avacado. [grin] Lovely.
Sandwiches. Tuna with lettuce. There was the chicken with lettuce and egg sandwich. ^_^
The funny / interesting thing about this party is that we didn't have big plates to put the food on...
So Van took the whole table as a big plate, covered it with cling wrap then laid down some A4 paper and arranged the food like a buffet table. I think it's pretty clever~! and easy access for everyone to take the food. [nod nod nod]
Although Van did invite a lot of people but only myself, Cindy, Ram and Alan showed up (Van is the one in salmon pink and black skirt)... Cindy and Ram were her classmates from cooking school and Van knew Alan through Cindy.
The boys were pretty cool. Ram's from Nepal and totally down to earth and funny. Alan's from China and doing a master's in multimedia in Swinburne. Yup, he's my sempai and he's only 1 year older than me. Ram and Van is a year younger than myself. I don't know about Cindy but all we know is that she's older than all of us. XD

It was very fun. Thanks again, Van for bringing us good food and sharing your good company with me. Cheers~!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a LOT of bread!!! And they look awfully tasty (grins) Could u courier some back pls? Oh, some sushi too XD

Thanks!!!

ladywinters said...

By the time they reach you, they'll go bad... [lol] It's fun to make... can make them when I come back. yay~!

Unknown said...

Aiyah, FROZEN it, then shipped it in an icebox... doubt it'll go bad... hehehe

But but but... Aussie-made food and locally-made food taste diff (wails in protest).