Saturday, October 04, 2008

Lohon's Birthday

28th September 2008
Let me first spam the blog with sunset photos...

Normally when it's nearing sunset time since I work on my laptop very near the window, sitting on a roller chair, I look out the window and see what colour the sky is...
If I see something like this, I open my window and look at my favourite sunset view...
Love cloudy skies because the light play on them so very nicely. And after a few minutes, the colours change again. It's like I subscribed to nature's sunset profiles. [grin]

1st October 2008

I was invited to a bbq lunch to celebrate Lohon's belated birthday. ^_^ Happy belated birthday ya~! The place we were celebrating was by the Yarra river. As we were walking, we came to where we had gathered to watch the fireworks during the Moomba festival (March 2008 post) . There were some fancy looking signs with red shoes.. [points to the signboard in the photo above]
Honestly what I love about Melbourne is the arts scene here. So many new and interesting statues and events. It's certainly a colourful city. ^_^
We were walking along in the park when we came to a dusty road and trees like this [points to the photo above] and totally didn't anticipate that this was where we were having the bbq... It doesn't look like a place someone would have a bbq.... Well, at least to me....
But then again, what's more important is that we gathered together to celebrate a special occassion. Hehe~! The birthday boy, Lohon.
Sorry if it doesn't look pretty but it taste good. Hahaha~! They had started at 12.30pm and I only came along at 2pm since I had class before that.
OH YAY~! The birthday cake~!
Here's some photos of those who attended the special occasion (I apologize beforehand for the spelling mistakes); L to R: Swee Bee, Shin Yeu, Wen Yi, Su Jin and Jon
L to R: Yee Boon, Swee Bee, Shin Yeu, Su Jin & Lohon
L to R: Jon, Su Ling & Nick
L to R: Sien Hao, Yee Boon, Swee Bee, Shin Yee, Wen Yi and Su Jin. If you were paying attention and noticed I missed a person's name; congrats. The last girl in grey I wasn't introduced to so I don't know her name... hahaha~!
L to R: Sien Hao, Yee Boon, Swee Bee, Shin Yee, Wen Yi, 'grey girl' and Su Jin. Yes, I'm calling her 'grey girl'. Super sorry, 'grey girl'... I'm sure you have a lovely name...
L to R: 'grey girl', Nick & Lohon.
L to R: 'grey girl', Wen Yi and Lohon. Look closer to the "candles" and you'll realise those are sparklers (aka cat's eye. Why it's called that, I don't know) instead of candles. [grin]
L to R: 'grey girl', Wen Yi and Lohon. You know... I'm beginning to feel bad that 'grey girl' keeps appearing in the photos and I don't know her name.
The estatic birthday boy taking out the "candles".
Lohon and Su Jin. [grin]
We were having fun taking photos and Lohon puts on the hat and Su Jin's sunglasses.
"Ada gaya~!" [lol]
Anyway, after our bbq, we began to pack things and clean up the place. Yes, we clean very well ok. It's easier for us to be civic conscious if everyone around us are too. Maybe another bunch of people will come after us to celebrate someone special's birthday...
The bits of leftover from the day's bbq.
L to R: Yee Boon and Wen Yi. Fortunately, we were about finished with the bbq when it drizzled a little. "I believe that it will not rain" [snicker] Kind of jinxed it I suppose. Xp
L to R: Swee Bee, Su Jin & Lohon.
Oh, this is Ian. He came down to Melbourne for holidays. Currently working in KL. Was nice meeting him. [nod nod nod]
L to R: Shin Yeu, Nick, Su Jin & Swee Bee. Frankly I don't know why everyone looks so flustered here... Maybe they're wondering when to go... or where to go after... [shrugs] I take candid shots of people...
By the time we decided to head back, there were much more of these little statues.
It's an event that I remember seeing on tv where the slogan is "take your imagination for a walk"
Sien Hao with the statues...
Everyone and the statues...
I like how you can see the statues, cityscape, people not looking at the statues, people looking at the statues, people taking photos with the statue all in the same shot.
Ahh.. this would be a clearer shot of what I was talking about.
By right, all the photos are suppose to be cloudy dark... Heh, I used photoshop to make the colours a little sharper than they really are...
Three in a row.. ^_^ Su Jin, Yee Boon and Shin Yeu.
Think I just corrected the white balance really... Though I do it manually with the "levels" in photoshop. Anyway, it's such an interesting character isn't it?
There was only with a little heart on it as well.. Awww....
Then there's this... [stares at it] I don't know what it is... [shrugs]

3rd October 2008

It's already october~!! Arrrr.... [sigh] Best to eat cake to not think about it...
More cake~! I love sweets. Been craving for chocolate for quite a while. This one has creme brulee in it...
And this one is made up of chocolate mousse... Yummy~!! Until next time then, Cheers~!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CAKE-y, CAKE-y!!! [drools]

Unknown said...

the ferris wheel picture looks really, really nice. I like it a lot, and the little statue's head stuck in from a corner. xD

ladywinters said...

to sabs - [lol] yes~! lovely cake. it fits the fact that I had a craving for sweet stuff.

to zwei - thank you. i'm glad you like my photos. it's people like you that keeps my trigger-happy. [evil laugh]

on a random note: I've taken about 5400 photos while I'm here in melbourne.