Friday, June 13, 2008

Hotpot & Chocolate

It was friday the 13th... Frankly I didn't realise that until I just wrote that. [lol] Been working hard to finish the motion graphic animation for the final project... Had a presentation this morning (at 9.30am) for System and Services. Had finished the flash animation for that and now I can focus on the last one for monday...

Anyway, even with work for monday down my back, a girl's still got to eat (at least I'm done with the animation and the timing now...) {Evelyn & Yoong Yoong}
With such cold weather, what better way to spend it than eating hotpot (steamboat). Yup yup. The rest were done already (I'm the one sad one to fnish on monday...) so to them was like a celebration dinner... {Ate at Little Lamb restaurant}
For me, it's just a nice dinner to catch my breath before working full-on during the weekends. {A rare photo of me and Loiuse}
We were lucky to reach the restaurant the time we did (about 7pm) because there weren't a lot of tables left after that and there was a waiting list... {Jaslyn}
So yea, we ordered the half half type, spicy and herbal non-spicy but their spicy is not that spicy lor. I guess generally the locals can't handle the super spicy ones...
It was a buffet type (each person costs 23 Aus dollars). At this point, I've more or less stopped converting back to our money (totally necessary to de-stress and unwind...) We ordered plenty of food to eat... I was happy~! We went to Chinatown after that and walked around in the light drizzle... [cold cold] Bought some more food stuff in the Asian store there. [grin] I bought some redbean and some chrysanthemum (will experiment to make redbean soup and chrysanthemum drink)

Walking around in the cold naturally means we'll want something warm and sweet to eat... yea... the girls and I made our way to Max Branner (I think that's the spelling)
And indulged in more food. [lol] Today seem to be all about food, isn't it?
Just proves to you that I'm a total food lover. I live to eat.
We had to wait for quite a bit to find a place to sit actually... I guess everyone had the same thoughts of indulging in a warm and sweet treat tonight {Yoong Yoong}
Kekekee... Although I know I'll be working full steam tonight but I'm glad that I got to step away for a few hours and socialize. It made me very happy indeed. {Man Yee}


Probably better to go out like this after the monday presentation but it's nicer to go out on a friday night. Besides Evelyn is going back to Hong Kong for the holidays tomorrow (14th June) so today was the only day where we all could gather and have a good girls' night out. Until next time then, Cheers~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOAAA... first time seeing YOU in a PIC in THIS blog *shocked* Must go buy lottery dy *chuckles*

*stares longingly at the dessert* I want i want!!!! What is it anyways? All i see are bananas and choc. LMAO.

ladywinters said...

I did post about 2 other photos in the previous post where I'm in the photo... I guess it's way back. [lol]

the dessert is called tutti-fruitti waffles. ^___^ waffles, bananas, strawberry and chocolate sauce served hot~! yum~!

remind me to bring you to eat it when you come over