Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Library

13th May

What's new here? Nothing much really. Sure there're quite a few events going on in the city... but who has the time to go and even if I do, who would want to go by themselves? Everyone's busy with the exam period so close (I don't have exams but I have projects deadlines to meet, which I think is even worse...)

So comes along tuesday, where I have no class and no mood to do work (about the only time I have the mood to do work is when my deadlines are gnawing my foot away..). Decided to explore the library here instead of rotting away in my room.

Yea, been here for almost 3 months and only now I'm going to see the library. [shrugs] I've been to the library for my college campus in Prahran of course but not for the one here in Hawthorn. Being a swinburne student, I have access to the books in both campus. Sweet. I'm just a ding-a-ling for not making use of this privilege... (I will now~!)

My initial reason for coming to the library was to find out what softwares the library computers have... working with the laptop can only allow that much of RAM and stability of platform. So you can imagine to my surprise that ALL the computers were occupied and many were using their own laptops as well... here's what's surprising, there are 4 floors to this library~!! There wasn't even much available workspace for me to work on [sigh]

So I settled to browsing through all the books that they have here. Most of the design related books are at Prahran of course, but I'm a girl of many interest. I was tempted to borrow many many books (children dreams, hynopsis, japanese picture book, xhtml, etc... )but decided to get 2 since this would be my first time borrowing the books here.

Being a swinburne student, I'm allowed 40 books max... I'm like "what? 40 books? I can barely get pass 3 books, you're offering me 40 books? That's very generous of you..." that's until you speculate there's a reason why they would want you to borrow 40 books... Think along the lines of ermm... late returns fees. 1 book 1 day = 0.75, you times that by 40 and yea... Killer fees.

I'll stick to borrowing 2-3 books, thank you. Hehe... Until next time then. Cheers~!

No comments: