Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Parcel, Extensions & Deadlines

Hey kids~! What's more interesting than more photos of more parcels (20th May)? Hahah~! I assure you I'll have something interesting to write in the 2nd half of this post. [grin]
You must be wondering why I keep getting parcels.. Well, aside from the supplement drink powder I take for my breakfast (yes, I'm taking supplement drink for breakfast - look up herbalife if you want...)
I got my mum to send some long sleeve tops I so brilliantly forgot to pack. Oooo... look a bag full of kingston stuff... Nah, it's just a bag full of my long sleeve stuff... I mean what kingston stuff can you put in the bag to fill it up (pendrives, ram cards... that's about it right?)

Now I should be able to survive better. Heheh~! Thanks mumsie for the tops~!

Right, as for something more interesting than parcels and receiving clothes through mail... On monday (19th May), I was in class waiting for my turn for the critic session for my individual project. Was waiting for my tutor, Shaun to come around and see my progress (which i admit isn't much... and it's due on the 16th June... good thing we had an extension of deadline).

He was talking to some Indonesian students in Malay. I was so shocked. Seriously, my tutor was speaking in Malay and he's an ang moh (super sorry for the crude label). I admit I do have some sort of stereotyping of them only being able to communicate English (which is true for the majority by the way).

Anyway, then he turned to me and saw that I could understand what he was saying. Then my little critic session was more or less conducted in Malay... Hahahah~! He could speak simple Malay but still I was surprised / impressed / amused... [grin] Guess I shouldn't be so surprised since he does deal with an international market (he's part time tutor / full time comic artist). I found out later that he might know how to speak chinese as well. [lol] Will try and see if that is true.

Another interesting thing, again about another tutor. [shrugs] My friend, Evelyn comes to my room to do work after working in school and she showed me an interesting youtube video of my tutor for New Tech class speaking Japanese (not your full good standard one but still). I couldn't catch most of the things he said since I was neither fluent in Japanese and he had a strong Australian accent while speaking Japanese. Hahah~! I don't know the link and my computer clears it's history so too bad guys. XD You'll just have to take my word for it... plus the title of his video was something like "My Japanese Suck because..."

Aside from these little things, I'm pretty busy, trying to meet my deadline. The fact that I work slow doesn't help... [sigh] Until next time then, Cheers~!

No comments: