Thursday, August 07, 2008

Badminton & Spicy Food~!

5th August 2008, Tuesday
Gosh, even while I'm writing this 2 days after... my legs are still sore and I'm still pretty bushed. [lol]

Anyway I got an extended invitation from Yoong Yoong to go play badminton with my interior design buddies. (Raymond's pretty excited)
To which I very quickly jumped at the chance to have fun and to get a good workout... (Pauline)
There were the 11 of us, 1 myself 2 yoong yoong 3 pauline 4 (bor) 5 claudia 6 aaron 7 priscilla 8 yong 9 raymond 10 nardo 11 linda
Aaron had booked 2 courts for us {including 8 racquets}... I'll tell you what the price of renting it later... yea... book badminton court equals to money. (aaron & pauline)I know... yikes. Hahah.. Maybe I'm too used to using the free badminton court in the playground. (linda waiting for the serve)
I just remembered busting the racquets last year... What a sight~! A shuttlecock stuck in the racquet. (linda's dramatic return serve pose)
No worries. The racquets we loaned are good quality ones. (Women's singles - Linda and Yoong Yoong) Right... back to the games, the boys were playing harder than the girls {but this is normal} (Men's doubles - raymond + aaron & nardo + yong)


Just a little video for fun~! I tend to take the photos when the people are not moving because I refuse to use flash {don't like to distract people} and my camera isn't that high tech as the SLR at home....

I enjoyed seeing the guys on their toes, competitive and energetic... (raymond & aaron)
we girls are here to play for fun, as you can read from our body language (pauline & claudia)
Anyway, I'll say I'm not great in badminton or anything. Sure, my dad taught me the basics but I never was the active type... but I sure try my best to play as hard as I could that day (linda's strategy move is making you run for her shots)
Since there were the 11 of us, I got to play with different people and managed to analyse their 'best' moves I suppose (Yoong Yoong's strategy move is sudden drop shots)
Sometimes I played girls' singles {with yoong yoong, linda} ... (didn't play against yong but from what I saw, I'd say his strategy move is jump smash shots)
..played mixed singles with the guys {with bor, aaron} (men's doubles... they keep score ok... we girls lazy hahaha~!)..or 2 against 1 {yoong yoong with linda vs me} (not to say bad but we girls are pretty slumber / blur hahah~!)
..and doubles girls (pauline, yoong yoong, linda, claudia. yes, I know including me would be 5 people.. just can't remember the specific people when we played our girls' doubles)
We were playing badminton from 3.30pm to 6.30pm. The funny thing was aaron booked from 3pm to 5pm... We played in the other courts... (since there were the 11 of us and 8 racquets, we rest / laze until the racquets / players become available) [snicker]



One game that aaron introduced to us (it was new to me) was called 'around the world'. The basic rules were
1. try to keep the shuttlecock from touching the ground
2. there can be only be two players in the court (one on either sides)
sounds like normal badminton so far but let me add
3. this game is to be played by multiple players (we played this game with 6 - 8 people)
4. once you hit the shuttlecock, you run to the side and other players takes over (also done on the other side)
5. you let the shuttlecock hit the ground, you're out
hahaha.. do you see the fun and chaos of this game? it is pretty fun.
after the game, those who brought change of clothes went to hit the showers.... and here i was thinking I wouldn't break a sweat. I had a good workout alright~! anyway, the booking of the two courts came up to aus100+ yes folks, the total for 2 courts for 2 hours (though we stayed longer...) [whistles innocently] is about rm300. good thing there were the 11 of us, isn't it?
we were ravenous after the game so we made out way to this szechuan restaurant (where we ate pauline & aaron... hahaha just joking~!)
in case you don't know, szechuan food equals to spicy food. (where linda & bor were our special magic ingredients... XD sorry joking again..)
I don't know if you have done the maths that I was worrying about in my mind (raymond, yong & nardo)
badminton equals to screaming muscles the next day {which was TOTALLY true, though it's still aching after 2 days... [sobs]} (claudia, pauline & aaron)
.. but add also spicy food equals churning and upside down tummy later.... guess I was up to abuse myself. [shrugs] (chilli chopped & fried chicken wings)
This dish happens to be my absolute fav of the night~!
oh... my supposedly "insurance of the night". I had wanted hot chinese tea but the restaurant was super busy and aaron grabbed for me what he could {i believe we had to wait for 40 minutes for seats}
Although we had to wait that long for the table, the food came pretty quickly (added to the photo is thai tong fun {it's the yellow dish} & 2 servings of peanut chilli chicken)Sitting at a round table with the 11 of us... (claudia, pauline & aaron)
..made it feel like it was a nice and funny family dinner (nardo, priscilla & linda) {I miss my family dinners}
I'll point out here that although I can eat spicy.. (added is szechuan style soup with fish & taugeh)
..but I can't eat freaky spicy... (Indian seasoned pork ribs)
The food here was not freaky spicy so I ate to my heart's delight... {no.... I didn't eat all of that by myself... it's just an after shot~!}
What made the evening as fun as it was... (in the shot, aaron & raymond) ..was the great company of these.. (linda & bor)
.. fun, wacky and loving Interior design students~! Hahah (nardo & priscilla)
Hmmmm... on a random note, I'll say that raymond was the MAN of the night... (aaron & raymond) Since he was more or less, the chilli king. While the rest of us had given up full, he was the one that kept on eating... (aaron & raymond)
...to the point that his lips were numb from the chilli. [lol] Don't worry kids, this is just a "poser" shot.. they didn't really eat the chillis. (aaron & raymond)
Thanks for the day out guys. Looking forward to our next outing.. [grin] Cheers~!

No comments: