Sunday, August 17, 2008

City Tour

16th August 2008
The end of the first week of studies and I've got plenty to do already. Even with work to be done, I took Hanna, Andy & Isabelle out.
I took them to Queen Victoria Market. What I found fascinating would be that there was someone selling live chickens hens that's ready to lay eggs and baby chicks and even rabbits..

There was this stall selling wooden crafts that I know he imported from Vietnam. It's really pretty and stuff.

There was a lot of people in the market on a saturday. Since I normally come on a weekday, I was pretty surprised with the amount of people in the market... After the Marketplace, we met up with one of Andy's friend, Rabby (pronounced rab-bye) This I found interesting since a rabbi is a Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation; qualified to expound and apply Jewish law (taken from my dictionary)

A little more about today's mates. This is Johanna Zimmerer (Hanna), my German housemate.

This would be Andil Elita D'Souza (Andy) & Hanna. Andy's from India and she's here for 2 years to complete her Masters.
And this is Isabelle and she's from Mexico. She's here to do Film Studies in the same campus, Prahran.
And yea... the four of us..

Anyway, Rabby brought us to eat some Thai food since the girls haven't eaten Thai food before.
That's Rabby and Andy. They are cousins... Technically Rabby is Andy's cousin's cousin. They met at their cousin's wedding...
This was what the others ordered. Spicy stirfry minced meat (they chose pork & chicken) served with spring onions, red capsicum and tomatoes with rice.
I order spicy noodles soup (meehoon) with pork meat, chicken liver, fishballs sprinkled with shredded carrots and spring onions.
It tasted a bit like tom yum where they added the lemon but it wasn't too red... It was delicious.
Hahaha~! After our hot and spicy Thai food, we got each a small cone of Gelato (ice-cream) for Aus4.5. I ordered mint and toblerone flavour. [grin]
We were heading back to the city through RMIT... Can you believe that this photo was taken inside of RMIT? Yea... they have an arcade in RMIT. and also pool tables... I was like... [jaw drop]
We made a quick visit of the State Library. It's open to the public and has free exhibitions in there.
I didn't think that they would be quite a number of people here... XD [grin] Art exhibition. I like looking at paintings.
In my opinion, this one was the best of all the portrait painting..
I liked this scuplture since it represents the impact the French brought to Australia (If I'm not mistaken). Conceptual sculpture.
And this is my favourite of all the landscape paintings. I don't really know why it captured my attention as it did but I think it's lovely.
After taking photographs of the painting (all without flash of course), I noticed that there were signs of no photography or was it flash photography... I saw it from afar. yikes..
After that we went to Melbourne Central and walked into the Body Shop. I bought this exfoliateur visage (visage means face) aka a facial sponge. This would be my very first merchandise I ever bought from the body shop. I don't really buy facial goods / makeup stuff.... yet. All in all, it was a so-so day. [sigh] Can't ignore work forever... Cheers~!

No comments: