Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shopping for Food & Window Shop

8th August 2008
The holidays were fast coming to an end and I seeked to do anything fun / meaningful to make the last days of the holidays memorable. So when Linda extended the invite to go jalan-jalan... I thought why not? [grin]

We met at Melbourne central's big big clock. It's normally just a clock but five minutes past every hour, it opens up and play the little tune "waltzing Matilda". Interestingly, I had briefly read a book about Australia in the Hawthorn library that this little tune is played as a victory tune of sorts... I could remembered it wrongly. But Australians do have a soft spot for this song.
Anyway, soon our tummies were rumbling and we made our way to the restaurant "Oriental Spoon"
It's a Korean restuarant... with pretty Asian arts and pottery to see..
Oh might I mention that other else than Linda, Bor and Joanne (yea... there's another Joanne here too, her name's Joanne Siow) I met Tennison (It's a very small world indeed to bump into an ex-TOA-classmate here in Melbourne. He studied in Lim Kok Wing where he met Linda and the rest) his girlfriend Ashley...
and also Vincent (that's the dude pouring more chilli sauce into the stone bowl)
In the stone bowl is a rice dish of sorts... this one is my one without the flood of chilli sauce
It has prawn... yummy~! I miss seafood. [nod nod nod]
After lunch, we made our way to DFO.
Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) is like a place where there's a concentration of branded goods in one place and sells the products cheaper.. Not bad eh? I did spot 2 t-shirts that I was interested in but I didn't buy them. I may come back and buy them later. [shrugs]

I followed Linda around the shops. Linda was hunting for a black jacket. She was interested in 2 different jackets (both priced Aus89 each). One made her look like a little French girl and the other a New Yorker (in my opinion that is).

When Priscilla joined us, we went to the 2 shops again to show her... we repeated this process when Bor joined us shortly after that. In the end, we were in JayJay and Priscilla spots this black jacket priced at Aus39. It's cheap but it certainly doesn't look cheap. Poor Linda was tore between the 3 jackets. But when we asked the price of the jacket and it was marked for Aus29, both Bor and I immediately said "Buy It" [lol]

We had shopped from lunch to dinner... I didn't think that shopping was such hard work. [lol] We ate our dinner at Queen Victoria building since poor Linda's legs were freezing (the silly little girl wore thin trackbottoms). We ate at EC Pot I believe. I ordered Black Bean Beef Noodles and Puh'er Tea.
Oh, Duncan (Bor's friend who joined us midway through shopping) was with us for dinner. [grin] He's a nice and interesting guy. Cheers~!

No comments: