Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday: Boxhill, Mooncake and End of Olympics

End of week 2 and my brain has (at the moment) seized to function... Guess I'll kick in early for the night.

"I woke up at 11am today. I was going out to boxhill with Man Yee and Jaslyn... Frankly didn't know if the two would somehow forget about me and go on their merry way by themselves. I have an uncomfortable thought that it's I that wants to friend people and never the other way round. It's really a crippling way to think I know but it happens.

Come 12pm, I was a little worried. I had showered and laid my clothes to rest on the bed while I wait for any message. I was thinking to myself that come 1pm, I'll head off to boxhill by myself.. So you can imagine my relief when Jaslyn calls and says that they're on their way.

I jumped up and was ready in a flash. I went down to the station and met with the two girls in the train. And should luck have it, Su Khwin was there in the same train heading to the temple. Small world~!

We got off at boxhill and headed out to have lunch. I had something pork with pickled vege noodles soup. I asked the girls about footie (football). The poor dears. Don't get me wrong. They enjoyed the game and all. It's just that probably in the whole freaking stadium, all the rest were locals and were staring at the girls.

In the restaurant, there was a very curious and beautiful / cute (I thought she was both) toddler. She constantly looked to Man Yee and myself. She really was very very cute.

Anyway after lunch, we did out grocery shopping. Went to the reject shop to pick up a dishwashing liquid for a dollar. Went to the chinese pharmacy to buy pei pah koh (cough medicine)... Yea... I'm getting a cough. It's not that bad just yet but better to cure it while it's still a little problem.

I bought a lot of stuff like chicken meat, ladies fingers, tomatoes etc... Teehehe~! Food food. [grin] Man Yee bought for us some mooncakes...
I chose to try sesame flavour~!!!
It was interesting. Thanks Man Yee~! [kiss kiss] Happily devoured it with a good cup of tea.

Got me thinking when the mooncake festival is this year... Awww... I'll be missing playing with the candles, watch accidental burning of lanterns (happens sometimes when the candle reaches the end and the fire reaches the lantern...) eating mooncakes out in the garden, feeding the mosquitoes (not that we want to...)

On the train ride back, the girls and I were chatting about our childhood experience with medicines. XD yea... it's a weird topic to talk about but whatever topic keeps the conversations going is fine by me. [lol]

I got off at my Glenferrie station while the girls rode on to Richmond. They stayed in St Kilda. Chucking my 3 bags on groceries, I went over to Yoong Yoong's place to pass her her share of moooncake. I didn't stay very long to chat with her since she was busy with her work (which I had ignored during the weekends [spells doom]).

I passed the white radish that Evelyn asked me to buy for her and then accompanied Evelyn to Safeway to buy her groceries. Later, Van came by to drop some free food she got for her workplace (the green curry and pies are AWESOME~!) and some free pastries from Cindy (Thanks Cindy~!)

She stayed a while to use my laptop to access a cd-rom (for assignment work) and then we chatted a bit about the progress of her problems. She left shortly after to visit Jane who was sick. I watched my Sunday programme, Rove. It's a talk-show with backbone that tickles my funny bone. It's really very good. Maybe youtube would have bits and pieces of it. http://www.rovedaily.com.au/home.htm

After that, I retreated to my room... only to be put back in the living room after Dad pointed out that the closing ceremony was on. I was thinking "Oh, it's over already~!? Eh..hehe..."

With the ceremony closing at 12am (with more air pollution = fireworks), I came back to my lovely labbie and chatted via microphone with my parents..."

Now it's 1.14am and I'm going off to bed... without doing work. [sigh] Nothing due tomorrow luckily... Cheers~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MOOONCAKEEEEEEE!!!! I want some too *grins* Does the ones in Aussie taste the same as the ones here??

Too bad the mooncakes won't get through the Customs else I'll gladly bring some for you *sigh*

Nvm, next year, we can "accidentally" burn some lanterns XD

ladywinters said...

Adui~! Back at home got so much mooncake. I'm pretty sure they taste the same...

Yea... too bad for me, mooncakes are nice to eat. Hehe~! Shall look forward to next year's "accidental burning" lantern session. [grin]