Friday, August 15, 2008

Steamboat / Hotpot

12th August 2008
Yea.. Homemade steamboat. The only problem was we didn't have a steamboat pot. Yoong Yoong read somewhere / was told by someone that we can use a rice cooker as a pot.
I admit that I was skeptical... Well if that didn't work, there's always the cooking pots.
We bought plenty of steamboat food... and I mean plenty. Fishballs, meatballs, crabsticks, bak choi, eggs, meat, straw mushrooms. All the things came up to Aus70...
I made the soup. Let me think.. what did I put into the soup... I used a whole chicken, diced carrots, sliced tomatoes, white radish, 1 chicken stock and sweet corn.
Using a rice cooker as a steamboat pot works. Good food~! Woohoo~!
My steamboat comrades... Evelyn, Yoong Yoong and Man Yee...
Oh and Jaslyn. [lol]
Aaron and Pauline came a bit later to join us. They even brought sushi. The funny thing about the sushi would be they bought the wrong bottle... Instead of rice vinegar, they bought seasoning oil (the kind that they use for the japanese fried egg). So the sushi tasted bland but fragrant. [lol]
There were so much leftovers that we had another round of it on the 14th August but we added some instant tom yum paste into the soup. We finished most of it but I finished the last of the leftovers for tonight's dinner (which consisted of a bowl of noodles with some crabsticks). Cheers~!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOUPPPP.... just the thing i need right now... come come, send me some.. hahhahahaha

ladywinters said...

By the time the soup gets to you, it'll either go bad or be confiscated by the customs. hahahah~!