Sunday, December 17, 2006

It was so lovely

How does one celebrate a 21st birthday? I guess there isn't a right or wrong way to do it. But it's great to start it with the opening of birthday gifts at the stroke of midnight~! Hahaha~!

Some were so lovely (the wine bottle from noriko & co, the pendant from my MM family, notebook & bedsheet from puiyee, perfume from bard), some cute ones (doggie doll from zie, cow figure & poring doll from mel & clare, cup set from chris), and some odd ones (a bright pink doll from jess, a book of weird newspaper articles from michael, a set of cow stuff from my mum).

Anyway, the morning started with me returning overdue library books to the KL library. Met puiyee there.

Got a summon for parking my car on the wrong side of the road.. note: I parked there since forever and this was the first time getting a summon. Since there was a DBKL nearby, I thought I may as well settle the summon myself like grown-ups do. I bet you that there were no 2 other people with all smiles going to pay their summons (that would be puiyee and I).


Didn't know there was such a thing as a drive through DBKL counter.


After paying my RM30 fine, I drove pass Coliseum restaurant. This place has an interesting atmosphere and good food. I'd recommend anyone to go there so long as you're prepared to pay more. It's worth it~!


Went for lunch here with puiyee & karen. puiyee told me that this place was really nice and great for tea lovers. Tadaa~! Purple cane in KL (near Uda ocean).


I think it's lovely to come to a great tea place with tea-lovers. I'm still learning to appreciate tea. These two are real tea people. Hehehe.


We actually have to boil the water ourselves with a kerosene stove.. It's a simple stove with nice chinese cravings.


Apart from tea, I ordered rose honey drink. It's super lovely for a sweet tooth person like me. It's all the better that I like honey and roses too. This drink rocks~! Not to worry, the tea counter-acted the sugar-highness.


We got this one too. Mixed fruit tea. Puiyee says it was nicer last time when they used fresh fruits instead of canned fruits like this.


Bwahaha~! I gave karen her belated birthday & early christmas gift. Surprise~!


I got this. Honey Lemon Chicken chop rice with tea rice. Yummy~!


Puiyee ordered this Spring Roll with Rice. Too bad they dumped chilli sauce on the rice.


More food pic.


Oh yeah, Karen got herself a fishcake noodles. I love them fishcakes~!


For dessert, Honey Fried Buns. Didn't expect them to serve them like this. It was sweet too. Nice~!


The funny thing was we're tea lovers and camera addicts as well. This shot explains it all.


These are the tools for the tea making process. But since they had modernized it a little, the tools were rather redundant. For example, the tea leaves come in packets instead of blocks.


It's really fun to boil your own water and then drink hot tea. Get to play with fire~!


All in all, this place has a nice atmosphere but be warned, this place gets packed on school days. Lucky for us, we came at the school holidays.


After a hearty lunch, we made our way back to school. But before that, I took this shot.


Going back to school on the school holidays is not that fun. Need to pay Rm200 to resubmit my mmps.. [sigh] That aside, we came to times square and looky what we have here. Christmas decorations.


What fun to take christmas deco. If you're trigger happy like me, you'll be glad to take things too. Hahaha


The deco isn't something too fancy but I'll give them points for effort and consistency. There were multiple trees everywhere in this gigantic shoppping complex.


Puiyee and I went for dinner here. I suppose it should be something more fancy but hey, I'm broke after buying them computer stuff. Hahaha~! What was for dinner?


A good dish of cawamushi with Ebi Udon.


And a simple dish of Chicken Teppanyaki with a mountain load of taugeh. Hahaha~!

After dinner, puiyee brought me to go trim my hair. There were a lot of people, so I play a game with puiyee. It's so much fun to play games when waiting, it takes the mind off concerning of the time. I had so much fun on my birthday. Thanks so much puiyee, karen. Love you all to bits~! Cheers~!

No comments: