Saturday, December 23, 2006

Thank God for Holidays

Joy is the day when the last assignment was done and presented on Thursday morning. [jumps around in glee] [stops]

Though this assignment had caused my absence from some interesting events like comic fiesta (16-17 Dec), the Penang Drawing field trip (18-20 Dec) & Rony Little's BBQ party (20 Dec), I shall not go about pouting since it's really something I brought upon myself. [sigh] Well besides the grim idea of waiting for the impeding results now, I'll just turn my attention to other things... merrier things.

What better way to celebrate the holidays than eating out in luxury with the best-est friend in the world~? Yup, ate a simply scrum-dili-yum-ous lunch at Cafe Flam with Pui Yee.

Must say their atmosphere is really nice...


Look at all them pretty bottles. Expensive things I assure you.


Even the food is a sight for sore eyes. Their seared Seabass was so lovely and yummy too.


My dish of Prawn Spaghetti was delicious. Yum... V____V


Interestingly enough, their dessert was nothing short of great presentation and taste either. Let's just say we really took our own sweet time there while Pui Yee updated me of all them events I missed.

Yesterday night was Winter's Solstice. A celebration where that night would be the last hearty meal before winter settles in. During Winter, family in China fall back onto dried and preserved food. So dinner during winter's solstice is apparently the last good meal of good, fresh food you can eat. I don't know how accurate this is. I'm falling back on my memory after all.

Regardless the history, my mum takes this day rather seriously. Everyone must be back to eat dinner together, be it by hook or by crook. So that makes it another sort of reunion dinner thing.

So what's with the deal with this dinner? Well, since way back when; Winter in China was a harsh season and it was considered lucky if you could survive through Winter. That's why we celebrate this "survival" with Chinese New Year when spring arrives and there's a day when it's everyone's birthday.

Good food. Seriously good~!


All are my mum's cooking. She's the best cook around and so when she cooks, it's an honour really. But she can be pretty snappy when she's busy in the kitchen. That's why I stay clear of the kitchen area. I tend to break stuff anyway.. [excuses, excuses] Hehe.

Until here then. Shall put up some more stuff later~! Stay tuned. Cheers~!

No comments: